MSN Curriculum Plans MSN-FNP MSN-ADM
MSN Application and Supporting Documentation
MSN Application Requirements
Family Nurse Practitioner and Nursing Administration
- Submit an application to the Office of Graduate Studies.
- A valid RN license without restrictions in the State of Texas.
- A minimum of two years of clinical work experience as a registered nurse with at least one year in the acute care setting.
- A baccalaureate nursing degree (BSN) from a nationally accredited college or university.
- Successful completion of an undergraduate statistics course.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale) overall and upper division courses.
- A personal interview with graduate faculty members.
- Three academic and professional references indicating achievement and motivation for graduate study. At least one reference should be from a faculty member who taught in the applicant's baccalaureate degree.
- At student's expense, verification of criminal background check and drug screen by a company or agency designated by the College of Nursing and Health Sciences. Due no later than the 12th class day of the first semester after admission.
*Please see Policy No. 1 on the College of Nursing and Health Sciences: MSN Student Handbook.
Master of Science in Nursing Administration
We are currently accepting applications for the MSN- Nursing Administration online program.
You can earn your Master of Science in Nursing Administration in 12 months! Deadline for the next cohort starting June 2017 is November 30, 2016.
To apply to our MSN programs, please visit www.applytexas.org
For more information on the application process, please contact:
Office of Graduate Studies & Research
Student Center 124
For more information, please contact our Director of Graduate Programs, Dr. Gwendolyn George at 956.326.3114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.