The Strength and Conditioning program is invested in ensuring that students and members are able to execute strength training exercises safely and effectively. Whether you've been training for years or for a week, the weight room will provide you with equipment and resources needed to reach your fitness goal.
Are you interested in learning more about the weight room equipment and strength training techniques? Visit our Seminar tab to view our events
Put your weight lifting skills to the test! Check out the Events tab to compete in our weight room events.
Do you want a workout tailored to your goals? Take a look at our affordable personal training packages, and start working on your fitness goal!
Are you having trouble lifting? Do you want to learn about proper technique? You're in the right place. Join our Seminars to learn more about form, technique, weight room equipment and other helpful tips that will help you create an effective strength training experience.
this seminar helps you improve your deadlifting technique.
Rise of the Machines
This seminar helps you improve your knowledge of exercise equipment
A Pressing Matter
This seminar helps you improve your bench press technique.
Do you know Squat?
This seminar helps you improve your squat technique.
The NFL Combine puts an athlete's speed,
strength and agility to the test. If you're a die hard fitness junkie and want
to put your body to the test, then the Combine competitions is for you.
The Strong Man/Woman competition is based on basic strength techniques such as bench, squats and deadlifts. It's time to put your skills to the test.
Register using IMLeagues
A personal trainer provides service to TAMIU students, staff, faculty, alumni, and dependants with the motivation, education, guidance, and individual instruction required to achieve their personal fitness goals. Trainers will design a tailored exercise program for each individual that reflects the client’s objectives, fitness level, and experience.
|1-on-1 Training Packages|
|1-on-1 Training Packages|
|Group Training Packages|
1. Must be 18 years of age
2. Junior dependents who are 16 or 17 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times.
3. Workout towel mandatory (available for check-out at the equipment desk).
4. The use of valet towels and spray bottles are required before and after use to minimize the transmission of infections.
5. Outside personal training is not allowed.
6. Members must wear closed-toe athletic shoes: sandals, flip-flops and loafers are not permitted.
7. To avoid injury, please utilize exercise machines and equipment for intended use only.
8. Standing on the benches is prohibited.
9. Spotters are strongly recommended for all lifts.
10. Safety clips are required on free weight equipment.
11. No talc or chalk allowed.
12. Weights and bars cannot be leaned against equipment: mirrors, walls or pillars.
13. All equipment must be returned to its proper storage place after use and cannot leave the weight room.
14. If this room is in need of custodial services, please advise the rec. Sports staff.
15. Patrons must minimally wear a shirt that does not have an arm- hole that is larger than one's fist below the armpit and covers the midriff. Shorts and pants must be worn around the waist.